22.4.09

Gremlins 2: A new batch

In a Word: Hilarious.

In 354 words:


I have seen the first film. I saw it about a year and a half ago.
My favourite part was when the old lady got thrown out of her window by her stair lift.

When this film started I thought a stupid person had linked me to the wrong film, a Looney tunes film. Do not fear!

NEW YORK!
The old guy from the last film has moved shop to New York!
buuuuut, he dies and his shop gets taken over by some massive company who demolish it and take Gizmo (a weird furry creature called a Mogwai).
Gizmo is now in the crazy, animal testing part of the ridiculously high tech office block.
Soon saved by his friend from the fist film and is kept in a draw.

We are soon reminded of the rules of having a Mogwai: don't shine bright light on them, or they'll die - don't let them get wet - don't feed them after midnight.

So what happens next?
Water is sprayed on Gizmo and his spawn eat after midnight. Damn.
So now there are little green buggers running round wrecking the place.

So that's the film from then on.

I sit here munching on Hobnobs creams thinking: "what makes this film original?"
Well, there are a number of things. This film knows that it's a kind of crappy film and emphasizes it to the extreme.
This film couldn't scare my Nan but bloody hell it can make me crease.

There are a few varieties of Gremlin this time: Bat, Spider, smart, electric, transvestite and Rambo.

This film oozes with epic. With such deaths as: Concrete, shredder, headshot and mass electrocution. It's not really a film you have to pay attention to but if you don't you will seriously have a few wtf moments.

SOOO many references! The only way I can describe it is by saying this film is self aware. It knows it's a film and plays with it. Hulk Hogan turns up at one point. I have one funny memory of Hulk Hogan...


I prefered the first one. It had better music


Go watch now!

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh .... I so prefered the first one!! I am not even sure if I have actually the second one in its full entirity ... eeeek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both Gremlin films. And Giiiizmoooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked them both, first one was the best, but Gizmo is so cute and cuddly.

    SQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. i liked the first on as well, i like the singing gizmo does (more like humming really) i would love gizmo as a pet. xx

    ReplyDelete