30.4.09

'Casshern'

In a word: depressing.

In 2:20 words:

Come on! Did you have to make that film so sad?!

Some guy goes to war, dies, get's brought back to life by his dad, has to stop some other people - Created from the "Neo-cells" that are bent on killing humans.

I'm proud of myself as I didn't get that "What the hell is Osmosis fluid?" though my brain had turned to mush by the second hour. It is a long film, at 2:20 - no not two minutes and twenty seconds - two hours and twenty minutes.

It switches from horribly tear-jerking to epically epic the same speed as a sprinter changes legs.
I didn't cry, but oh so very nearly did.

Put in the oven for half an hour at 200 degrees. Oops, that’s dinner

At some point Tetsuya gains a pro suit of amour at which point i scribbled down "ROCOBOP!"
The music is powerful in fight scenes and soft in the sad parts. The editor for this film is flippin' awesome! Graphics are a big part of Casshern and I'll admit at the beginning I thought it was a bad move. Not at the end mate.
The costumes are amazing!

I thought the end was good but a bit weird.

WHBBI: I was watching it the second time round and if they explained the lightning.



http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/action_adventure/watch/v17513895S7WBC6Jg

1 comment:

  1. That was a really good review. I definitely believe the graphics make this movie. Parts of it reminded me of Pink Floyd's The Wall (i.e. all the robots lined up & the banners hanging down). You can't walk away from this one or you might get lost!

    ReplyDelete